Affiliated to Telangana State Board of Technical Education & Training (SBTET) for launch of Short Term Programs (STP)
Therapy Assistant course in Panchakarma
Paper 1: Basic Anatomy & Physiology of Human body (Theory)
1. The Skeletal System & Muscular System
2. The nervous System & Sensory System
3. Circulatory and Lymphatic System
4. The Respiratory System
5. The Excretory System
6. The Endocrine System
Paper 2: Panchakarma Therapy (Theory)
Section A: Poorva Karma
1. General Principles of Ayurveda & principles of Massage: Basic concepts of Ayurveda, Dosha, Dhatu, Mala, Panchamaha bhuta, Srotas. Applied Anatomy and Physiology of Muskulo-Skeletal system with respect of Abyanga. Knowledge of Ayurvedic Marma points, Introduction & History of massage, Rules, regulations and characteristics of masseur, Different massage manipulations, classification and their detailed explanation, indication and contraindication, Maintaining the Massage room, massage table and bathrooms.
2. Sneha Swedha - Definition and necessity of Poorvakarma, Introduction of Deepan-Panchana, definition of Snehana, Snehana Procedure, Types of Sneha, Internal-External Sneha, Introduction & types of Abhyanga, Various methods of Abhyanga therapy such as udwartana, mardana, utsadana, samvahana, tadana, padaghata. Precautions during Abhyanga, Contraindications and indications for Abhyanga. Knowledge about Oils used for Panchakarma therapy, Different kinds of Sweda, Keraliya Treatment, Definition of Swedana, Effects & Qualities of Swedana, Swedana Dravyas, Types, Symptoms of desired effect of Swedana, Symptoms of inadequate Swedana and excessive Swedana. Care of patient, Precautions & Maintenance of Cleanliness during Snehana- Swedana.
3. Panchkarma Equipment: Knowledge of Panchkarma Equipment/Instruments: Method of using of different Panchkarma equipment/instruments like Dhara table (Droni), Dhara Yantra, Shirobasti Yantra, Basti netra, Abhyanga table, Vamana peeth, gokarna (nasya), avagahaswedana, bhaspaswedana
Section B: Pradhana Karma & Physiotherapy
4. Introduction to Pradhan karma: Knowledge about the equipment’s needed for Vamana, Virechana, AnuvasanaVasti, AstapanaVasti, Nasya karma & Rakta mokshana. Knowledge about Vamana table, Vastinetra, Vastiputaka, Vastidravya, Gokarnika, Preparation of Leechs, Rearing of Leech & Methodology, Post Therapy care of Leeches. Preparing the table and the room for Pradhana karma. Precautions and care to be taken after Padhana karma. Maintenance of Pradhana karma room with essential medicines and equipment. Basic idea about the immediate complications and adverse effects related to panchakarma. Introduction & preparatory methods of Post procedural dietary regimen (Samsarjan Krama).
5. Introduction to Physiotherapy: Exercise therapy, Passive & Active movements. Principle and uses of apparatus for fixation, suspension, assistance and traction group movements of joints. Application of different exercise therapy instruments & Gym management, Electrotherapy, Application of low frequency [Faradic and galvanic currents &TENS], Medium frequency [Interferential therapy IFT], High frequency currents [short wave diathermy & ultrasound therapy], Application and maintenance of physiotherapy equipment.
6. NABH norms and maintenance of Panchakarma units: Basic introduction of guidelines of National Accreditation Board of Hospitals (NABH) for establishment and management of eco-friendly Panchakarma theatre including management of biomedical waste.
Paper 3: Poorva Karma (Practical)
Part A: Poorva karma (Practical)
1. Practical demonstration of Snehana: Massage and its various methods and techniques. Abhyanga, Udwartana, utsadana, mardana, udgharshana, kayasekha/ Sarvanga Dhara (pizichil), ekanga dhara, Pichu-local, kativasti, Greevasti, Shirovasti, Shirodhara, Takradhara, Ksheeradhara, Thalam, Akshitarpana, Netra prakshalana, Anna lepana, Dhoomapana, Kama poorana, karna dhoopana, Aalepa Netradhara, Netra parisheka, Nasya Aschothana.
3. Training for Recording of vital data: B.P., Pulse rate, Respiratory rate, Temperature
Part B: Pradhana karma & Physiotherapy (Practical):
4. Preparation of Pradhana karma therapies: Snehapana, Sweda karma , Vamana karma, Virechana karma, Kashaya vasti, Anuvasana vasti, Matra vasti, Yapana vasti, Jaoulavacharana, Preparation methods of Samsarjana karma, Maintenance of physiotherapy equipment. Uses and their application knowledge of physiotherapy equipment
5. Duty of Panchakarma theatre: Knowledge requirements of drugs and preparations for panchakarma procedures useful in pre-operative, operative and post-operative parts of Panchakarma. Knowledge of sterilization of Panchakarma equipment / instruments and theatre. Knowledge of Biomedical / Panchakarma waste management. Knowledge of requisite arrangements of Panchakarma procedures and theatre. Identification of raw drugs used in Panchakarma procedures.
6. Record & Log book: Assistance in major procedures viz. Snehana, Svedana, Vamana, Virechana, Basti, Nasya & Rakta mokshana etc. and maintenance of record of each conducted procedure in the Panchkarma Theatre Logbook. Detailed Record of minimum 15 completed procedures of Panchakarma and effects observed thereon in his/her Practical Record Book.
6 Months + 1 Month internship
No of Seats per batch
12th /ANM/Inter Vocational Nursing /GNM/ Any Paramedical graduate