Affiliated to Telangana State Board of Technical Education & Training (SBTET) for launch of Short Term Programs (STP)
Therapy Assistant course in Naturopathy
Paper 1: Basic Anatomy & Physiology of Human body (Theory)
1. The Skeletal System & Muscular System
2. The nervous System & Sensory System
3. Circulatory and Lymphatic System
4. The Respiratory System
5. The Excretory System
6. The Endocrine System
Paper 2: Naturopathy – Principles and Remedies (Theory)
1. Basic principles of Naturopathy, brief outlines of Indian naturopaths
2. Natural remedies in the Integrated Naturopathy: Fasting therapy - procedure and therapeutic effect; Diet therapy – food as medicine, patient related diets, method of cooking diets, salad making, sprouts etc.
3. Hydrotherapy and Mud therapy – introduction to various treatment modalities in water cure; and Mud therapy
4. Yoga – introduction to asanas and pranayama and practice
5. Chromotherpay – therapeutic effects of primary and secondary colours, Massage therapy – therapeutic effects and rejuvenation. Acupuncture and acupressure introduction as therapy, Magentotherapy – introduction to therapeutic effects of magnets, Colon therapy – enema, types of enema, procedure and therapeutic effects.
6. Manipulative Therapeutics: Different massage manipulations classification, uses and contraindications.
Paper 3: Practices (Practical)
1. Practical Application of Magnets
2. Hydrotherapy- hip bath, spinal bath, packs and compresses etc.
3. Preparation of salads, sprouts, various special diets, way of serving
4. Practical application of different massages and Acupuncture on Patients
5. Practice and teaching of Asanas, Pranayama
6. Assisting patients – bedside, therapy sections
6 Months + 1 Month internship
No of Seats per batch
12th /ANM/Inter Vocational Nursing /GNM/ Any Paramedical graduate